Helix can support any data set available in your DWA warehouse (via our integrations or the
custom schema). To do so, first add the data set via a SQL query and then map the data set's fields to the matching Helix fields. Only an Admin or Power User can perform these actions.
Add a data set
Select Golden Record Management > Add Data Set & Map Fields to open the interface. Here you can view existing data sets and configurations. At the bottom of the list of data sets, there are two options for adding additional data sets:
- Add a new data set: You must provide the required details, including a SQL query.
- Add from template library: Select a data set in the first column and click Add to pre-populate the required details. (You may then edit the details if you wish.)
The required details are:
- Display name: will be shown in the user interface and can be changed later.
- API name: the name to use for this data set within the Helix database, which cannot contain spaces and cannot be changed later.
- Connection: the system to pull this data from, usually DWA.
- Schedule: selects how often this data set should be refreshed. Choose "Paused" to stop refreshing the data but leave the previously synced data available in Helix.
- SQL: a query that selects fields from your data set to be used in Golden Records—each row it returns must be unique.
Click the Analyze button to verify the data set is configured correctly and proceed to field mapping.
Map data set fields to Golden Records
Note: It is not mandatory to map every Golden Record field to your new data set. If you leave a Golden Record field unmapped, Helix will ignore this data set for that particular field.
There are two ways to map fields: automatic and manual.
- Automatic: If a column name in your SQL query results matches a Golden Record field's name, the system will automatically map it for you. You can use the
ASkeyword in your SQL query to control this, as shown in the prior examples.
- Manual: For each column name from your SQL query results, choose a Golden Record field from the drop-down list.
Click the Save button to save the new data set and field mappings. Once you complete this, you can edit your matching rules to take advantage of the new data set.
Records from the new data set will be processed during the next update unless it is paused. You can click the Processing History button to view the logs and verify whether the data has been processed.