Caution: This page is only for beta testers of our new Helix engine. Other users cannot add new data sources at this time; please refer to the list of supported data sources.
- The data source must be available in your DWA warehouse via our integrations.
- You must be an Admin or Power User within the Insights Portal.
Add data source
On the Golden Record Management > Field Mapping page, select the Add Source button. This opens the New Data Source panel.
Next, fill in the fields.
- Display name: will be shown in the user interface and can be changed later.
- API name: can be used to access this data source using an API—cannot be changed later.
- SQL: a query that selects fields from your data source to be used in Golden Records—each row it returns must be unique.
Click the OK button to proceed to field mapping. (Your changes will not be saved until you click Save All on the Field Mapping screen.)
Example SQL queries
Although Arctics and Marketo have built-in support, here is what a suitable SQL query for each would look like:
SELECT acct_id AS id, name_first AS first_name, name_last AS last_name, email_addr AS email, company_name, street_addr_1 AS address_line_1, street_addr_2 AS address_line_2, city, state, zip, country, phone_day AS work_phone, phone_cell AS cell_phone, phone_eve AS home_phone FROM archtics.cust c WHERE c.primary_code = 'Primary'
SELECT id, firstname AS first_name, lastname AS last_name, email AS email, inferredcompany AS company_name, address AS address_line_1, city, state, postalcode AS zip, country, createdat AS created_on, updatedat AS updated_on, processed_date AS received_on FROM marketo_v2.leads
Map source fields to Golden Records
Note: It is not required to map every Golden Record field to your new data source. If you leave a field unmapped, the Golden Record entity resolution will ignore this data source for that particular field.
There are two ways to map fields: automatic and manual.
- Automatic: If a field name in your data source matches the name of the Golden Record field, the system will automatically map it for you. Some field names may match by default. Others can match if you change the field name in your SQL query, as shown in the examples above.
- Manual: The user interface lists the Golden Record fields and it shows the mapped source fields, if any. Click a line to open the Set Field Mapping panel for that Golden Record field. There, you can choose a source field from a drop-down list.
Click the Save All button to save the new data source and field mappings. Once you complete this, you can edit your Golden Record rules to take advantage of the new data source.
Data from the new source will be processed during the next nightly update. Select Source Record Import Jobs in the navigation panel to verify the data has been processed.